mardi 23 mars 2010

Marty Robbins - Gunfighter Ballads And Trail Songs

Grace à Marty Robbins (Martin Robinson) et à son titre 'El Paso', tiré d'une histoire que lui racontait son grand-père Texas Ranger, la musique country décrochait son premier Grammy Award... Si parmi vos madeleines de Proust se trouvent 'My Rifle, my pony and me' de Rio Bravo ou 'Johnny Guitar' chanté par Peggy Lee, et si vous voulez entendre la véritable histoire de Billy The Kid, ou savoir comment on peut abattre un homme pour l'amour d'une mystérieuse Mexicaine, bref, si vous aimez les histoires de cow-boys, alors ce disque, enregistré en une seule journée en 1959, est définitivement fait pour vous...

I despise honest labor
Marty Robbins (1982)

5 commentaires:

Dr Faustroll a dit…

http://rapidshare.com/files/367112107/MROB_GUNS.rar

Comments are very welcome...

01.Big Iron
02.A Hundred And Sixty Acres
03.They're Hanging Me Tonight
04.Cool Water
05.Billy The Kid
06.Utah Carol
07.The Strawberry Roan
08.The Master's Call
09.Running Gun
10.El Paso
11.In The Valley
12.The Little Green Valley
13.The Hanging Tree
14.Saddle Tramp
15.El Paso (Full-Length Version)

RYP a dit…

Love those gunfighter ballads! Thank you very much, Dottore!

Unknown a dit…

I used to have this record when I was kid. I played it to death. I'm going to go listen to "Big Iron" right now, it's been a very long time since I've heard it. Thank you for sharing this one.

Major Lloyd a dit…

I once found this record in a bin in Brighton. Obviously somebody in those parts didn't fully appreciate 'They're hanging me tonight'. More fool them.

Anonyme a dit…

also thanmks for this one. Link still works!!!